CLUB CAR SERIAL NUMBER
Since 1981, Club Car Golf Cars have positioned their serial numbers just under the glove box on the passenger's side of the vehicle. The serial number of each vehicle is printed on a bar code decal. On Club Car Golf Cars prior to 1981, you can find the serial number by raising the seat and locating the aluminum, I-beam frame closest to the batteries on the driver's side of the car. If the serial number plate has been removed, you can confirm it as a 1975 - 1980 model if it has two brake pedals and one accelerator pedal.
CLUB CAR DS
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car DS's have two distinct seat backs while 2000.5-Present models have a connected (one piece) seat back.
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car DS's have silver aluminum top supports while 2000.5-Present models have black top supporters.
- 1982-2000.5 Club Car DS's have a thin top while 2000.5-Present models have a thicker top with grab handles on each side of the back third of the top.
CLUB CAR PRECEDENT
- 1982-Present DS Models have a distinct square front nose with a small black plastic bumper on the lower part of the front end.
- 2004-Present Precedent Models have a more rounded front nose with a wide black plastic bumper that wraps all the way around the cart.
- The DS Models do have a split year which is easy to tell just by looking at the seat backs. If there are 2 individual seat backs that is a characteristic of the 82-00.5 models. If there is one continuous seat back that would be indicative to the 00.5-Present models.
- The Precedent will have 2 sub models which you will hear referred to as the “Champion” or “Professional” models. Easiest way to tell is the steering wheel, if your car has a square center it is the Professional, if it is round you have a Champion.