Street ready? Strictly for the course? Dragging logs at the cottage? Which wheel/tire combo you choose typically depends on what you’ll be doing with your golf or utility cart. Here’s 5 ways to check if you have the right tires and wheels to get the job done.
- Besides looking good, well-made tires hold the grip on cornering. No slipping and sliding with the right traction from a tire designed to be used on the road. The KendaTM Club Car Exclusive C254 gives a lower street profile and higher on-street performance with 12-inch wheels.
- If you’re using your cart strictly on the course, you’ll want something that won’t tear up the turf and which will give you a smooth, no-bump ride. Transition from turf to cart path is important and long-life is crucial in a turf tire; you don’t want to get a flat on No. 12! Club Car’s Exclusive KendaTM Kraken tires will carry you from green to clubhouse in style and comfort.
- Next, you want to choose the right size wheel/tire combo for the vehicle you have. Sure, those cool fat tires look great on a Chevy Chevette, but make sure you have the right size tire for the golf cart or utility vehicle you’re driving and you’ll appreciate the ride and performance. The KendaTM Loadstar® presents the highest ground clearance for a golf cart without using a lift kit and boasts an industry-proven tread pattern to go with a different look.
- Headed off-road? You’re going to want a more aggressive tread or “knobby” tires—something that will give you traction in all circumstances. A Club Car Exclusive, the Kraken® features a PATENT PENDING tread pattern that provides off-road grip while reducing road noise.
- Your 8-inch wheels are good for a lot of circumstances but to really beef up your off-road tire and wheel package, look for gloss-black finished Atlas or Mercury wheelsin three stock sizes. These wheels pass the SAE automotive aftermarket’s standard for durability, feature an offset design that creates a simpler install on the 4-inch lift kit, and presents the perfect highlight to any golf car.
You know, a great tire produces a better driving experience, but it has to look the part, too. When you’re choosing a wheel/tire package for your golf cart, you want to shoot for a balance between wear and grip. Too aggressive of a tire will wear out faster on pavement. Turf tires, on the other hand, aren’t great for traction. Choose the combination that best suits your needs and give our Parts Department a call to check our stock at 1-800-321-9616, ext. 15.
KendaTM Loadstar® tires for Onward are approved by the Department of Transportation and available in 205/55-10 size to provide the highest possible ground clearance without a lift kit.
All of the tires mentioned meet stringent standards for stability and durability and feature premium compounds for increased tread life.